Today I am going to share my experience and my state of mind when I changed my School for the very first time. I changed my school for the first time in 8th standard.
So let’s talk about-
What was my reaction when I came to know that I’m gonna change my school?
I was a bit excited, but also nervous at the same time. It wasn’t easy at all for me to overcome the memories that I had with my old school and friends. I came to know that I have to change school at the end of the session when the Yearly Exams were going on, when I told my friends about it they were also upset and all were sad. The years and years of friendship was going to come at a end. My best friend Parth was also upset and sad, but we all knew that the destiny could not be changed. So, I said goodbye to my friends at the last exam and went forward in my life with a positive attitude.
How was my experience at the new school?
My new school was larger than my old school, it had 2 shifts- Morning Shift and Day Shift, I was in morning shift. There were a lot of students in the new school.
My first day at new school was a total disaster, My first trouble was finding my classroom, I wasn’t given my section at the first, so there was no chance for me of knowing which section I belonged. After wandering a lot in the school for a few time, I decided to go back to the help desk and ask for my section. When I went in the help desk, there was no one there, I knew that I have to wait till someone comes, so I sat there. After the assembly bell, a peon came to me and asked why I was sitting there? I told him everything and he took me to my classroom after wandering a lot. My first day was not that good but after that day things went better and better.
How much time did it take me to make new friends?
It took me around 2 to 3 days,I am a bit introvert type of person, so I had to gather a lot of courage for talking to people. Some came and talk to me themselves and made me a bit comfortable by talking to me. The number of friends increased day by day and I became more comfortable and relaxed.
Did I have any anxiety or fear in the new school?
I did had some fear and anxiety about going to the new school, new people and new environment, but you have to keep calm and focus on your studies and let the things be as they are and just relax.
Tips to control anxiety and fear in the new school and boosting your self-confidence –
- Try to talk to people and develop a good communication skills.
- Be active in the class and try to put your thoughts in front of the class.
- Try to score good marks in exams as this would give you a blast of confidence.
- Don’t be an introvert, try to express yourself in the best possible way.
- Be nice to people you meet as to leave a good impression on them.
- Remember ‘First impression is the last impression’, so try to make a good impression on your classmates and teachers.
- Spend time with those people who are kind hearten and would not demoralize you.
- Don’t change yourself or your nature if you face peer pressure, always BE THE REAL YOU.